Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shrewsbury Parking Advice plus Pub

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Just recieved this from the Shrewsbury board via PM

I have parked at the retail park for every game since the stadium opened - for midweek games I always park on the Sainsburys parking area.

The retail park is situated just off the A5/A49 roundabout, there's a Dobbies garden centre and filling station/service area on this roundabout, if you're heading from the M54/A5 then you take the last exit off the island, 600yds down and the retail park is on the right hand side with Sainsburys parking infront of you - Don't park at Toys R Us as they close the barriers. There's also MacDonalds and Pizza Hut on the park as well as a coffee shop at Sainsburys.

The nearest pub with a friendly welcome is a 5minute walk away and is called The Brooklands, anybody will put you right for directions.

Immediately behind Sainsburys is their delivery yard etc and access road for all the other store deliveries etc, there is a railway that runs behind there too and there is access to the ground by walking under the railway line and then using the footpath (badly lit) that offers access to the ground, the away supporters end is to the left as you enter the stadium.

And a follow up

There are notices dotted around in the parking area at the retail park offering warnings about parking restrictions etc and occasionally there will be a parking warden walking around - Ignore them as they are just there to ward off matchday parking, I know of nobody who has yet to receive a ticket etc and as mentioned I've been parking there for every game since the opening of the stadium.

The Brooklands is less than a 5minute walk away with a friendly welcome for both home and away supporters and that in turn is only a 10minute walk from the ground - Starbucks is located in Sainsburys and as mentioned there's a MacDonalds and Pizza Hut, try the cottage pie at the buffet in the concourse under the stand, recommended by all, you can also get a beer there too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here