Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
According to a nurse friend of mine who works at Southampton General Hospital, there were no Covid patients in ITU there as of this morning.
My daughter spoke to a nurse at Worthing hospital today and she said there were 3 covid patients there. A couple in Chichester plus a few more in Brighton. Not many in this area. Let's hope it keeps low.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My daughter spoke to a nurse at Worthing hospital today and she said there were 3 covid patients there. A couple in Chichester plus a few more in Brighton. Not many in this area. Let's hope it keeps low.

I'll vouch for this.

The good news is, if this lockdown brings down the rate further in Sussex we should be in a great shape for December.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Vaccination scheme for Over 85s and healthcare workers to start in December, announcement imminent:

[tweet]1323626256664043527[/tweet]

Link is a little dodgy, wouldn't load for me (perhaps due to traffic?) but I've always had Pulse down as a reputable medical news source

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Vaccination scheme for Over 85s and healthcare workers to start in December, announcement imminent:

Link is a little dodgy, wouldn't load for me (perhaps due to traffic?) but I've always had Pulse down as a reputable medical news source

Came here to post this. I have seen other news on this site before and it seems reputable.

Potentially the news we have been waiting for.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Full piece which I grabbed from the Google cache:

A new DES is set to be announced imminently for practices and PCNs to start administering a Covid vaccine from the beginning of December, Pulse understands.

Practices and PCNs will be asked to prepare to give the vaccine to over 85s and front line workers from the start of December, numerous sources have confirmed to Pulse.

There are currently two vaccines that are being prepared, with one requiring two shots and needing to be kept at minus 70 degrees.

Alongside GPs and PCNs, there will be teams delivering it to care homes, and at-scale delivery centres.

Pulse understands there will be sufficient resources allocated to practices.

A number of sources have confirmed to Pulse that an announcement around the DES is imminent, potentially by next week.

It is expected that the vaccines will be delivered in a number of ways, with teams going to care homes and delivery centres, such as those reported by the Economist and the Sun.​

(A DES is a Directed Enhanced Service)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
And moan like **** about the lockdown restrictions already- and not taking it seriously enough

In fairness we have plenty of idiots down here, we are inundated with people who want flooring before Christmas.
All of them are prepared to let workmen in their homes, and when we tell them it is not essential work, the shop is not open etc, they get arsey about it insisting it is ok, they can come in and fit my flooring, then state if you don't come we will go elsewhere then.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Full piece which I grabbed from the Google cache:

A new DES is set to be announced imminently for practices and PCNs to start administering a Covid vaccine from the beginning of December, Pulse understands.

Practices and PCNs will be asked to prepare to give the vaccine to over 85s and front line workers from the start of December, numerous sources have confirmed to Pulse.

There are currently two vaccines that are being prepared, with one requiring two shots and needing to be kept at minus 70 degrees.

Alongside GPs and PCNs, there will be teams delivering it to care homes, and at-scale delivery centres.

Pulse understands there will be sufficient resources allocated to practices.

A number of sources have confirmed to Pulse that an announcement around the DES is imminent, potentially by next week.

It is expected that the vaccines will be delivered in a number of ways, with teams going to care homes and delivery centres, such as those reported by the Economist and the Sun.​

(A DES is a Directed Enhanced Service)

Thank you. :thumbsup:

Even though we're going back into lockdown, it does feel like there is at least some light at the end of the tunnel now.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-...a1560667645202b6c4d0be&pinned_post_type=share

There are no traces of Covid-19 on surfaces and in the air on London Underground or the city's buses, scientists say.

Imperial College London experts carried out tests last month and it is the second time they were negative.

The scientists conducted the tests by taking swabs from escalators, handrails and Oyster Card readers.

They also used a special sensor that sucked air through a filter for an hour at 300 litres-per-minute.

Transport for London said it was not just a clean environment that would make the Tube and buses safe, but guidance on social distancing and face coverings all needed to be followed as well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This must mean the unblinding has now occurred on the Oxford vaccine, right?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This must mean the unblinding has now occurred on the Oxford vaccine, right?

It’s in the press that the MHRA have now started their “rolling review”. This doesn’t necessarily mean the study is unblinded yet, they could just be reviewing blinded safety data for example.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It’s in the press that the MHRA have now started their “rolling review”. This doesn’t necessarily mean the study is unblinded yet, they could just be reviewing blinded safety data for example.

Is this news from Pulse not a little presumptuous then?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The good news is that they found out about the benefits of the steroids and that should be helping quite a lot.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In fairness we have plenty of idiots down here, we are inundated with people who want flooring before Christmas.
All of them are prepared to let workmen in their homes, and when we tell them it is not essential work, the shop is not open etc, they get arsey about it insisting it is ok, they can come in and fit my flooring, then state if you don't come we will go elsewhere then.

Interesting....I’m waiting for some LVT to be fitted. I expected it to be delayed now but spoke to them today and they said they are operating as normal. Not a big deal for us or the fitters in this case I guess as the room can be accessed from outside without going into any other rooms, no-one has been in it and there is nothing in there but that can’t be the case for a lot of what they are doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here