Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saving contacts from a Iphone

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Having issues with my first generation Iphone in that all the apps fail to load and just crash out.

Have sync it but not fixed it, so next step is to do a full restore, but want to save all the contact details before doing this, Itunes seems to let me add contacts to it from my windows address book but cant see where i can download the details form the Iphone to a PC so i can retrieve them later, Will an Iphone do this ?

Last edited:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Having issues with my first generation Iphone in that all the apps fail to load and just crash out.

Have sync it but not fixed it, so next step is to do a full restore, but want to save all the contact details before doing this, Itunes seems to let me add contacts to it from my windows address book but cant see where i can download the details form the Iphone to a PC so i can retrieve them later, Will an Iphone do this ?

Try this

Download mcbackup from the app store (its free), it will back up all contacts and then email a file to you....then just click on the file and it will automatically re add the contacts.

delete the apps one by one...starting with the lastest added......hopefully its only one app causing the problem. did u update the phone to the latest software in itunes? if yes this is probably the problem as it might make earlier iphones unstable.

Last edited:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
If you've backed up your iPhone recently, when you do a restore it will give you the option of setting it up as a new phone or a previous one. Select the latter and make yourself a cuppa. By the time you've dunked three 'Rich Tea's you'll have your old phone back. THAT's why Apple products are so good.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

What does this mean ?
Can you back it up through itunes? windows?or do i need a 3rd party software or app to do it?
Sorry if i'm not completely up on the apple Iphone, although i have one i'm not exactly techno on all its features, i just use it as phone with the odd one a month internet use.
To the point that i have not been able to use apps on it for a quite a few weeks now, but not overly bothered just don't want to lose all by contact details.
So would appreciate some construction help if you can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here