Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Didn't take Billy Sharp long to learn "The Southampton Way"

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
"The Southampton player has held his face when Matt Taylor pushed him in the chest.

"The assistant referee has been conned and unfortunately we lost a man from then on.

Him and Lambert make a good pair.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
He was subject to some really nasty tweets last night from a so called Doncaster fan. Awful stuff

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
"The Southampton player has held his face when Matt Taylor pushed him in the chest.

"The assistant referee has been conned and unfortunately we lost a man from then on.

Him and Lambert make a good pair.

It's known in footy circles as 'doing an Al Hab' :wink:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If you want to read some real typical arrogant shite regarding decisions from Adkins, and in particular the quoted below...

BBC Sport - Southampton primed for promotion push - Nigel Adkins

"No, in my opinion it's wasn't a penalty. He didn't touch him," said Adkins.
On Taylor's red card, Adkins added: "The referee has been put in a position where he has had to make a decision, there was a coming-together."

He fails to acknowledge the fact his player was not touched in the face, the culmination of the sending off, allegedly, I haven't seen it yet however.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Looking forward to seeing footage of this. West Ham should have had two stonewall pens apparently as well. God, I hate Southampton.

FourFourTwo

Jul 1, 2011
He was subject to some really nasty tweets last night from a so called Doncaster fan. Awful stuff
517408226.jpg

Disgusting

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
I was at the Hammers match in the upper tier and thought Matty Taylor lost his rag but in hindsight I am sad Southampton players have to resort to cheating in order to get results.

Adam Lallana got booked for a dive in the penalty box, too. Biggest bunch of con artists I've seen at Upton Park since Stoke.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
ffs, he can do what the f*** he wants in my book, his baby son died lest we forget, in the grand scheme of things do you think he gives a f***? Good luck to him.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I have a lot of time for Billy Sharp, I think he has a fair point, the ref last night in that game was by all accounts woeful. Im not sure he is totally "within the Southampton Way", he is just saying what most professionals would say after a game. I never saw him fall over a stationary box of water bottles or did I miss it? :D

Now Nigel Adkins on the other hand....... :tosser:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I like Billy Sharp, bloody good player too. I think Saints will drop out of the automatics and fail in the play-offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here