Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamstring injury

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
This is what Happens when you rush a hamstring injury. The back of my right leg hurts like hell!

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315241752.034476.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315241752.034476.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 415

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is what Happens when you rush a hamstring injury. The back of my right leg hurts like hell!

Jesus. Have you ruptured it?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I haven't been to the docs, google says there are 3 levels of hamstring injury. I've managed level 2. Football boots definitely consigned to the bin!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There seems to be more players suffering from hamstring injuries now than there ever was what do people think the reason for this is.

Is it the new fad for blade boots, or is that ligament injuries?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it the new fad for blade boots, or is that ligament injuries?

I thought that they accounted for the increase in metertarsal injuries. As a lad I was always told that hamstring injuries were due to not warming up properly before stretching but now a days players are doing there hamstrings well into a game by which time they would be stretched I would have thought.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I got my first ever hamstring injury in 20 years of playing a couple of weeks back, hurted like hell for first week, subsided a bit now, but I know Im not really in a fit state to start playing this week, and probably next (hopefully not longer). So frustrating. No way near as bad as Mr Gloves looks though

When I suffered a pulled calf muscle, just as it felt like it was nicely healed - it was still weak enough to easily damage again.

I initially did it playing tennis, deciding late to go for a ball that was too temptingly close to let fly by.
It was probably due to a lack of potassium and hydration at the time.

6 weeks it took to properly heal, but only after I re-ruptured the muscle after 3 weeks just walking up a ramp with a basket held in front of me.

I knew when Michael Owen was hurried back from his first hamstring injury that it would cause problems for him. Which it did, and he was out again for longer - and he really never did stop being injury-prone after that.

It is a serious injury that takes care to heal, then as much time and care to rehabilitate.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Yep. 6 weeks to heal properly mate. Keep it iced as much as possible and keep your leg raised (no Can-Can though). You should try to bend the leg carefully too. Helps for walking!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here