Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A picture paints a thousand words

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I think someone else on here met Ronaldo a couple of years ago, and said that he was surprised that he was actually a really nice guy in real life. Maybe I imagined that.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Will never forgive him for 2006. Whether he blanks the public or not is irrelivant. The man is a cunt.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Beckham is more approachable than many, although his FA minders were not always. I attended a work conference at Pride Park a few years ago which happened to coincide with Ingerland training before playing a friendly there the following day. Our conference room overlooked the pitch and were able to watch including when Beckham stayed on after to practice free kicks. Later as we left there was a lot of media and a small crowd of fans outside the stadium including many kids that had clearly been waiting sometime for DB to appear. Suddenly he was bundled out of a side door into a blacked out vehicle which screeched off to the exit. Someone on board must have realised the potential for a media own goal with these kids and parents all looking pissed off. With that the vehicle did a u-turn, and raced back towards the kids, blocking in my car. I then had to wait while DB invited all of the kids in turn (and one or two Mums) to have photos with him. The funniest thing was watching loads of paps chase all around the car park and almost miss out on a scoop of DB's latest hair do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here