Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Falmer pitch

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Hopefully not fixtures

Whilst down in Brighton last week I picked up an Albion magazine that had various articles about the team and Falmer etc. One such article centred on the Falmer pitch. Now I was under the impression that the pitch would be laid turf. But it appears that this will not be the case, instead the pitch will be seeded from scratch.. This will commence during Feb/March.

Just hope it grows in time and that the birds do not gorge themselves on seed. Still it’ll be something to watch growing via the web cam.

Incidentally, the pitch will be of similar system/quality to that of Newcastle and Rangers……..who both have been commended for excellent pitches.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yes, we've known for ages.

Birds won't be a problem though. They're all being hit by vehicles, along with the bats.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Hopefully not fixtures

Whilst down in Brighton last week I picked up an Albion magazine that had various articles about the team and Falmer etc. One such article centred on the Falmer pitch. Now I was under the impression that the pitch would be laid turf. But it appears that this will not be the case, instead the pitch will be seeded from scratch.. This will commence during Feb/March.

Just hope it grows in time and that the birds do not gorge themselves on seed. Still it’ll be something to watch growing via the web cam.

Incidentally, the pitch will be of similar system/quality to that of Newcastle and Rangers……..who both have been commended for excellent pitches.

I am out of town and did not know that, so cheers for sharing.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Yes, we've known for ages.

Birds won't be a problem though. They're all being hit by vehicles, along with the bats.

:laugh:

Why do people keep forgeting about the DUCKS!!! How will they cope!!!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I am out of town and did not know that, so cheers for sharing.

Why didn't you come to the Fans Forum, where this was mentioned? You're a bad bad fan, and a pisshead at that!

It's not as if you live 60 miles away..d'oh!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I called it FiberPlastic in the other thread :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I hope it wont cut up like the new Wembley !!!

“Playing-wise it’s a lot softer, the players tell me it’s a lot easier to play on, it’s less aggressive on their joints etc. From a management point of view, it saves me time because we don’t need to aerate it every week. When we have had rugby here I was a little bit concerned with the softness of the pitch whether it was going to ruck up or not - but it didn’t, it played brilliantly.”

Craig Richardson,
Head Groundsman.
Bristol City

Thats a NO then :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
won't be able to see the grass growing.....as construction nears an end the web cam won't be able to see anything

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah I hav'nt seen the undersoil heating system go down yet, unless I missed that? (on the webcam that is)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here