Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Late boozing

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
The Revenge Nightclub is planning on staying open until 6am at weekends. Lots of others until 4am, presumably so that people can then leave and get the first trains home!

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
Can't find things out from the Brighton and Hove council site .

A lots of pubs probably haven't had their new licenses granted yet. One local council didn't even have a department to deal with the new license applications until 3 weeks before the deadline for submission. Speaking to a local landlord, when he phoned up to ask why his new license hadn't come through yet, he was told that he'd be lucky to have it before November as there was such a backlog.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
My local in Eastbourne as just been given 1am all week.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Re: Re: Late boozing

Grendel said:
A lots of pubs probably haven't had their new licenses granted yet. One local council didn't even have a department to deal with the new license applications until 3 weeks before the deadline for submission. Speaking to a local landlord, when he phoned up to ask why his new license hadn't come through yet, he was told that he'd be lucky to have it before November as there was such a backlog.

Which council was that??

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Mid Sussex, so I'm told. I may be incorrect, my post was just relating what I'd been told in good faith by friends in the industry.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just because pubs have late licences, doesn't mean they will automatically stay open all hours.

Many of them only want the opportunity for special events and occasions. The cost to the average country or small town pub of being open until 4am will be prohibitive, plus they have to find staff who will agree to do it.

Clubs & bars in places like Brighton will be the only ones who will really milk it.

I think long term it could be a good thing, but in the short term, I'm dreading it, particularly from a work point of view.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
My local has a 1:30 late for Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Do they bollox, you'd think if you saw it - if its not busy they'll close at 11:30 on Wednesday. Thursday's always mental and often gets pushed to 2:00 (its opposite the cop station and gets concessions for keeping it utterly fight-free)

Most pubs won't use their licences most nights, unless theres people there to take advantage of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here